Swinburne Anime & Manga Society (SAMS) was created in September 2006 to provide Swinburne students with means to share and enjoy the passion for Anime and Manga, including related cultural fields, hobbies and activities deemed fit by the Club, together with their peers. E.g., Cosplay.
- ‘Anime‘ is defined as animation using distinctive characteristics, style and background aesthetics originating from Japan
- ‘Manga is defined as comics using distinctive characteristics, style and background aesthetics originating from Japan
The objectives of SAMS are to:
- Build up a healthy interest towards anime and manga.
- Encourage the appreciation of anime and manga as a form of art and literature.
- Correct any misconception towards anime and manga.
- Expose members to the Japanese language, lifestyle, culture and traditions.
- Provide time and opportunities for members to relax and bond with one another.
- Equip members with an initiative for self improvement.
Past activities and events :
- Weekly General Meeting(s)
- Movie Night 06, 07, 08
- Orientation Day Exhibition
- Gundam Workshop
- Watermelon Smashing
- Nagashi Soumen
- Dango Eating
- Mooncake Festival
- Swin Nite 2007
- Beach Bash
- Stepmania Competition
- Kuching City Day Parade
- 1st Anniversary@Rakutei
- Anniversay Dinner 08
- Chibi Con
- Spring Charity Fashion Show
- Kuching Autistic Association (KAA)
- Toy Fair @ tHe Spring
- Earthquake Charity @ tHe Spring
- Anime Gathering 07, 08
That's some full load bunch of events organized by the one and only Anime & Manga club society at Swinburne plus a few more yet to be stated from this source . Looking forward to most of their events and I'm proud to say I've joined 90% of all the event listed. Welcoming more new students and visitors to participate!